Following on the below post – here are some quick links for January/early February in the area of clinical ethics. These are also sent out to our Clinical Ethics mailing list – you can register for these and other updates here.
- The Straits Times: Doc fined $10k over nude pre-of photos of teenager, by Salma Khalik.
- The Washington Post: As Zika virus spreads, El Salvador asks women not to get pregnant until 2018, by Joshua Partlow.
- Singapore Medical Journal: Differences in attitudes to end-of-life care among patients, relatives and healthcare professionals, by Guat Cheng Ang et al., 57(1): 22-28.
- JAMA: Special Issue on death, dying, and the end of life.
- Journal of Medical Ethics: Court applications for withdrawal of artificial nutrition and hydration from patients in a permanent vegetative state: family experiences, by Celia Kitzinger and Jenny Kitzinger, 42:11-17.
- American Journal of Bioethics: Legal and Ethical Considerations in Allowing Parental Exemptions from Newborn Critical Congenital Disease (CCHD) Screening, by Lisa Hom et al., 16(1): 11-17.
- Bioethics.net: Can health care providers love their patients? By JS Blumenthal-Barby.
- Medical Futility Blog: How should clinicians respond to requests for potentially inappropriate treatments? By Thaddeus Mason Pope